Sunday, September 1, 2013

Oh my goodness, I am in the MTC!  So crazy but so good! I am still amazed at how unnervous I was when you dropped me off!  The Spirit is very strong here and everyone is so friendly and welcoming.  The second you dropped me off we went to grab our books and my "host" showed me to my room.  I dropped off my luggage and then went off to class and began a busy day.  Everyday here is busy and packed with class, meetings, devotionals, personal study time, and more.  I was quickly introduced to my companion, Sister Shelby Johnson from Bountiful, Utah.  I will tell you more about her in my email this next week but let's just say I love her so much already!  She is so mellow and sweet but also very  very insightful & intelligent.  One thing we did yesterday "my first day" that I love love loved was a meeting where maybe 40 or so new missionaries came into a room and we were introduced to an "investigator" and had the opportunity to teach them as a whole group.  If we felt prompted to say something or bear testimony to them we would just raise our hand and they would point to us.  The investigator was very very good at acting like an investigator...they were stubborn, asked questions, pushed us.  I never did raise my hand to say anything but the spirit was so incredibly strong and it made me excited to be a missionary!  Class today gave me that same feeling.. I just feel blessed to have this opportunity.  Don't get me wrong... I have already had that voice that Kelsea Hutchins talked about.  I woke up this morning feeling so weird and having thoughts of "why am I here" or "I can't believe I actually decided to do this".  But I realized quickly that that is Satan.  He hates that I'm here.  A Sister told me that whenever I feel like Satan is picking on me just get back at him by saying I have a body!  (haha!  I thought that was pretty funny). 

Well I just wanted to write you guys and let you know that I am doing so well and I am so excited to be here.  I can already feel my testimony growing and becoming more solid.  I know that I am going to love teaching others about the Gospel.  It is true and this work is so important!  I love you guys so much and I'm thinking about you!  I can't even believe I'm here - Holy Cow!  HaHa!

Love,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment