Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Your missionaries have arrived!

Red Font are comments from Adrienne's Parents. 

We received an email today from a member in Spokane.  We're getting anxious to hear from Adrienne!


I am MaryBeth Wagstaff, a member of the Belle Terre Ward in the Spokane East Stake in the Spokane Washington mission.  These beautiful sisters spent the night in our home last night.  We were one of many members who get the privilege of having missionaries spend the night in our home when they arrive in the mission.

Your daughters are so gracious and kind.  They arrived in Spokane yesterday and immediately went to work.  They went "Fear Busting" in an apartment complex or a mobile home park.  I think Fear Busting is where they knock on doors and try to talk to as many people as possible to let them know they are here in Spokane teaching people about the Savior.  By the time they came to our home, they were tired, but very happy and, of course, their manners were impeccable!  This morning, I dropped them off at our Stake center for a day of training and then they will be receiving their assignments sometime today.  If I find out where they will be living, I can let you know. 

I think Sister Rogers asked me, "When does it turn cold here?" because her parents were going to ship her coats to her.  I told her that I think she'll want a lightweight jacket in about 2 weeks.  We've had an UNUSUALLY warm and longer than normal summer and it looks like fall is going to be nice for at least another week.  Sometimes it is rainy by now.

I've attached two pictures of your daughters in front of our little Temple.  I know how much moms appreciate missionary pictures!  (I've got two missionaries currently serving and I crave pictures!)

Thanks for sending your daughters here.  We love missionaries!

- MaryBeth Wagstaff

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment