Sunday, October 27, 2013

Adrienne sent this email on October 21 but I am just posting it now because Doug and I were driving a work truck for his employer from Oklahoma to Utah this last week.  Just an FYI.  I'm really not slacking on my job on purpose!

Yesterday was transfer calls and I am staying in Sandpoint with my companion and trainer Sister Workman! I was so happy. I love it here so much. And I love Sister Workman. Her and I have so much fun together and we are working hard. I can testify that working hard really is the cure to homesickness and discouragement and of course praying my little heart out. Not only does it cure all of that but it makes me so happy. I can't even describe how happy I have felt this last week. The Lord is blessing me and I am overwhelmed with gratitude. We have met so many wonderful people and on Thursday we found a family! The Frank family :) They were so nice. We knocked on the door of their beautiful home (it was like a pottery barn catalog, so cute), introduced ourselves, and they quickly let us in. We shared a short powerful message with them and bore our testimonies of the Savior Jesus Christ. We told them that through Him they can be happy and their family can be strengthened. They just smiled at us. We were invited to come back this upcoming Wednesday. Cross your fingers! They would be awesome members.

On Saturday night we went to the adult session of stake conference. They talked all about missionary work. They had some great speakers, a couple were converts to the church and their stories were inspiring. The Spirit I felt was incredible and I just knew that this is exactly where I needed to be. The members love us here and they are very supportive. I feel privileged to be working along side them and doing all that we can to hasten this work. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! It's hard but I love it. I feel so proud to be a member of this church and I am thankful that I get to share the gospel with others. I love you all so much. Be safe and have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers
 
This sign made us crack up!

 
MY GORGEOUS MISSION!



No comments:

Post a Comment