Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How are you family!?
 
This is my drive to Libby, Montana.  One of the most beautiful
drives I have ever been on.

 
These are the sisters in my zone.
 

 
We all have so much fun together
 
How are you family!?
This last week has been great. We had exchanges so I was given the opportunity to drive over to Libby, Montana for the day. The drive was gorgeous. The pictures on my camera do not do it justice. All of those advertisements you see of Montana are true. It really is so mountainous and beautiful and I was just blown away. That is all I can really say. I feel blessed to be in such a stunning area.

Our investigator John told us that he has stopped smoking cigarettes and he isn't drinking coffee! But... he will not get rid of his e-cigarette. His excuse is that his health depends on it. He told us he could very well have a seizure if he stopped it altogether. I promised him that he is changing his life to be baptized and the Lord would not allow him to have a seizure. But he insists that he needs to go off of it slowly so his date to be baptized has been pushed back but I am just proud of the the progression he has made so far. He has overcome many things. Not only that but he is truly such a sweet man who is caring and understands the gospel and gives prayers that would make you bawl. He always tells us that if we are ever are in trouble or need anything that he is here to help us. It always makes me get teary eyed because you can tell he really means it. He really cares for his friends and neighbors. He is full of brotherly love. We love him and we know that he is going to be baptized someday.

We have had a lot of trainings lately that have stressed the importance of teaching simply and powerfully and teaching to the needs of our investigators. When we do those things the Spirit will swoop in so quickly you won't even know what hit ya. But actually you will because you feel it and you know the person you are teaching feels it. The gospel is so crystal clear when that happens and you know everyone in the room is learning and gaining a testimony that God really does love us all and he has blessed us with a perfect plan to return to Him. It is a lot easier said than done sometimes though, to speak really simply and to their needs. You are tempted to spill it all and just beg them to listen and have faith and make commitments. But I love it when I come out of a lesson knowing that I did not ruin the Spirit by continuing to talk. It feels great and it is what helps others to come unto Christ. With that being said I have practiced this whole week and was able to have a pretty darn cool experience with a woman named Naomi last night. Naomi told us right from the get go that she will probably never go to church. She isn't a fan of organized religion. The mountains are where her and her boyfriend go to be spiritual and have a relationship with God. We respect that haha the mountains are pretty wonderful here but it is so much more than that Naomi! She went on to talk about family and how much she loves her grandma. She had to watch her pass away though and that was really difficult for her. When we asked her she said family was VERY important to her. Sister Tisdale and I were planning on teaching her The Restoration because we have not taught her any lessons yet but the Spirit was telling both of us to go right into the Plan of Salvation. It was so cool to see the Spirit working through my companion and I so that we could be on the same page and teach what we both thought was needed. So we taught her and told her that she can see her grandma again and can be with her family forever. The Spirit was strong and I felt so grateful to my Heavenly Father that I was able to have an experience like that where it was very clear that the Spirit was there to help us teach to someone's needs so that they can feel the love of their Heavenly Father. I'm not sure what will happen with Naomi but I am confident that the Lord helped us to have some impact on her last night. 

I hope you are doing well! And life has been great. I miss you and love you so much. Please will someone send me Logan and Isaac's email addresses haha or make them write me. It would make me the happiest girl in the world. XOXOX

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment