Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I HAVE ALMOST BEEN OUT THREE MONTHS!


Nov 19 at 1:38 PM
Family! family family family :) I love you all so much. Thank you for all the sweet birthday wishes, emails, packages, letters. I am full of gratitude for all of your support and it makes me cry to think about how lucky I am to have all of you. Thank you! I wish I could write to each of you individually and tell you how much I love and appreciate you but this hour and a half goes by so fast. It's the fastest hour and a half of my life. Just know I would write you in a heart beat if I had the time.

This week was so strange but so fun! Last P day I was at Wal-Mart looking at some soups because that is what I eat almost everyday is soup. Not really but it feels like it. Campbell's Alphabet soup is my number one choice :) It is quick and easy and so yummy but probably has zero nutrition what so ever. Anyways, I was looking at soup and heard this weird mumbling behind me so I turned around and there was a little midget man talking to me, he was as tall as my belly button. I couldn't understand what he was saying, he didn't have any teeth the poor guy! But he had the biggest smile and I couldn't help but say hi and reach out my hand to shake his. He grabbed my hand and started kissing it hahahahahaha oh man it was so funny and just so.. weird. With a bright red face I said thank you and told him he was very nice haha I didn't know what else to do! He just stared and continued to talk to me with mumbled words so I grabbed a soup and politely walked away and told him to have a wonderful day! 

The other night Sister Workman and I were sitting in our car on the side of the road trying to figure out where someone lived. I was facing Sister Workman in the car when I saw a shadow in the corner of my eye waddling across the front of our car on the street. I quickly turned to see thee ugliest, biggest RAT just walking across the road doing it's thing. It was so huge, easily the size of Lexi. It's tail was thick and gross. Sister Workman turned the car on and and we followed it with our lights on so we could get a better look, it went to a building across the street and we watched in horror as it tried to find a place to get in. Ew it was just the weirdest thing I have ever seen. SO BIG. It would kick all of the New York rats butts. The Elders were driving their jeep the other day in the mountains. They said they were going about 45 when suddenly something hit their car antennae out of nowhere. They said it was so big the antennae wouldn't stop shaking after it was hit, so they decided to stop the car and look around to see what it was. They found a headless owl on the side of the road. It wasn't paying attention I guess and got it's head decapitated clean across the neck. POOR THING! They showed us pictures and it was a beautiful white owl like the ones you see in Harry Potter. I felt so sick to my stomach when they were telling me about it. It is in a better place though. I don't know why I am telling you all these stories. It is really just a jungle up here but so wonderful. I love Sandpoint and I hope I get to stay here for awhile! 

Yesterday we had a zone conference. President Mullen told us that The Lord wants us to double our monthly average of baptisms. Meaning we are going to work to get 70 baptisms a month and then double it again once it is reached. He told me that if I am obedient and work hard, I will be able to see baptisms double, and maybe even triple. I don't know how it is going to happen but with The Lord's help I think all of us missionaries know that it is achievable. When Nephi was commanded to build a boat, he had no idea how to do it but, he trusted in The Lord and immediately went to work and it was done! I feel so privileged to be a missionary during this hastening. We are building up The Lord's Kingdom and I can see and feel his hand in this work every day. It matters to Him. Heavenly Father wants ALL of his children to return to Him. How lucky am I to be apart of it? I love being a missionary. I feel so happy. I am learning a lot and my testimony is being strengthened every day. I know Heavenly Father and His Son love you. I love you! I love hearing what is going on with each of you and the great things that are happening. Keep telling me all about em. Have the best week :) 

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers
                                                      We had dinner at a member's home on my birthday.
                                   They made me some yummy apple cobbler and sang to me. They are so sweet!
 
 
It snowed!

 
Me and Margaret, Grandma's cousin
 

 
Lake Pend Oreille
 
This is Michael! The one standing next to me :) He is a happy camper now because he has entered into the gate that will allow him to be with his Heavenly Father again!

No comments:

Post a Comment