Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 30, 2014


Sister Huntsman and I are staying together in Deer Park! I am happy about it. It has been so fun to watch her grow and step outside her comfort zone. I am pretty positive I will get transferred next time though so I need to soak every bit of Deer Park up this next 6 weeks! We have so many investigators who are awesome and they are progressing so I'm glad I have the opportunity to continue working with them. I am praying my little heart that miracles happen with all of them. I feel like there is often a wall that you hit with your progressing investigators at some point. It's Satan. The common factor with our investigators seems to be time. They are so busy with their work schedules and leaving town for summer activities that we don't have the opportunity to meet with them as often as we would like or see them at church as much as we hope to but I know it will all work out as long as we are working hard, following the Spirit, and doing our part as the Lord's missionaries. 

Sister Huntsman and I have set a goal to talk to at least 10 new people everyday outside of our appointments and proselyting activities. We of course are going to talk to everyone the Lord places in our path but we have promised Him that we will not contact less than ten. Elder Ballard wants us to do 20 new people everyday haha we are working up to that. We haven't gone a day without contacting 10 or more and it's been awesome, we have met so many cool, crazy, angry, interested people! There have been a couple days where we have been busy with appointments and meetings and before we know it, it is 8:00 (we have to be in by 9:00), and we have only contacted a few people. But we have realized that we don't need to worry because it is in those moments where God gives us tons of people to talk to. This happened the other night... we had 30 minutes until we needed to be home and we had only contacted 3 people. We were starting to stress a little until we saw a huge group of boys hanging out around their trucks in a parking lot in town. It was a little intimidating haha they were blasting their music and smoking and drinking, they were rowdy ha but we knew we had to do it. As we walked towards them, they all stopped what they were doing and stared. We offered to sing them a song and they immediately turned off their music. We started talking about God and the gospel of Jesus Christ. We testified of the God's commandments and the Atonement. It was pretty great. Some were respectful and some weren't haha but I am grateful for the opportunity I had to share with them my testimony that the gospel will bring us happiness and breaking God's commandments will eventually leave us feeling empty.

I have so much more I want to tell you but I am about to get kicked off. HAPPY 4TH! Have fun at Warm River :)

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment