Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 7, 2014


WHAT!!! Logi is going to Italy??? Man oh man I am so happy for him what a cool experience to have. I wish I could go with him hahaha, Logan you are too cool for school, you are going to Italy! How long will you be there for? BE SAFE and know that I love you. I am so proud of my siblings. Each one of them. Isaac, you are going to be a wonderful Teacher's Quorum President, don't stress the early meetings. Magnify your calling :) You make me laugh so hard haha if any of you read the email Isaac sent me last week you would know what I'm talking about... he is growing up and he is such a funny kid. It will be fun to see him when I get back. I miss little Sadie lady. Tell her I say hi and I will send a letter soon! I'm happy to hear Dad is pleased with his new pickup :) You finally got a truck Dad!! And mom I couldn't think of anyone more perfect than you to be the new primary music leader! I'm excited to come and watch you in the primary program! I bet all the kids love you.

This last week has been a little rough ha I would consider myself to be pretty laid back for the most part but that is almost impossible as a missionary when things aren't going the way you want them to. Jim is going through this big dilemma right now. Pray pray pray for him! And a less active lady in our ward has decided to not like me because of some dumb miscommunication. I think she thinks I'm heartless. I don't think there is anything that stresses me out more than thinking someone is mad at me or doesn't like me. One of the greatest things my mission is teaching me is to realize that I can't please everyone and that there are many things that are only in the Lord's control. 

On the bright side, Amanda and Chris have asked to bump their baptismal date to August 2 instead of August 9 :) We were absolutely okay with that! They make me so happy. Chris who wasn't reading the Book of Mormon in the past decided to start reading everyday and praying. We were dying with happiness when we followed up with him this last week in our lesson and he finally said he had read! WOO WOO!!!!! You can see the change in his face :) It's subtle but it is going to keep getting bigger and bigger. 

Guess what.. This girl got a "fever beaver" last week. You all know what that is. I don't think I've had one of those since the lovely days of Mesquite. It was the worst! We were at a ward bbq the other night and Sister Shanks thought it was dried baked beans on my chin. She told me very discreetly that I needed to wipe it off... she didn't quite understand when I told her I can't haha the look on her face was priceless. She felt so bad once she realized I really could not wipe off my fever blister. 

P.S. mom you made me laugh so so hard when you told me your experience with all the Boys and Girls Club kids in Florida and how you felt like an NBA basketball player hahaha. You're a celebrity :) I hope your PTSD didn't kick in too bad this 4th of July. 

I'm so happy you all had a good time at warm river and drove home safely. What is going on for the Rogers family reunion? 

Keep doing the small and simple things! I love you all!

Love, Sister Rogers

my cute zone up in Canada 


this is what our sky looked like right before we went in for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment