Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 18, 2014


Amanda and Chris Fleishour are mormons now :) I am so happy and hopeful for them! I feel really blessed to have been able to teach a family and help them come closer to Christ and be baptized. I have spent a lot of time pondering and studying and wondering what I can do to help them grow and understand the amazing things that will come from the gospel and this last week, I felt a sweet weight taken off my shoulders as I watched them make that covenant with the Lord to remember Him and always keep His commandments. It's amazing the change that has taken place. I think that is one of my most favorite parts of missionary work is watching people exercise faith and change! I've especially enjoyed observing Chris. He is a bit more reserved and it has been difficult discerning his feelings and thoughts as we have been teaching but as time has gone on his heart has become softer and softer and he is more willing to put His trust in the Lord. Obviously haha he just got baptized!

Yesterday, after church, we went over to their house for dinner and I asked Chris how it felt going underwater (he doesn't care for water). He laughed and told us that his brother sent him a text the night before asking him how he felt after his bath. Chris replied, "Clean." He thought that was so funny but that simple response made me feel so good. I knew he was referring to more. He told us he actually did feel really calm in the water and he does feel clean and good. This last week he has really opened up and his comments have helped Sister Huntsman and I recognize his sincerity and desire to make the gospel apart of his life and the life of his family. When we taught him last Monday we asked him why he wants to be baptized. He said, "I wouldn't have come this far if I didn't want to do it." GOOD POINT! Being able to know that Amanda and Chris truly understand and have that real sincerity and desire to be baptized has all just been one big fat tender mercy from the Lord. I see such a bright future for the Fleishours and I couldn't be more proud of them. I know an eternal family is what they want. It won't be easy but I know they can do it. For awhile I thought I had signed up for 18 months but I have realized that these people I have grown to love are going to be apart of my life forever and I know the Lord expects me to do all that I can to help them even after I return home. I'm grateful for all of it.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I am praying for you.

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment