Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

ONE WEEK!

Oh man, I haven't even been able to read all of your emails quite yet because I want to make sure I get this taken care of... my final email home! It still hasn't hit me quite yet that I am going home in a week, being able to talk to you guys on the phone made it seem more real, what a crazy opportunity! In a way I am very thankful that I was able to do that, it has brought me a lot of comfort as far as coming home is concerned and also for Grandma. I think it is amazing how the Spirit just immediately pours over you when you receive news like that. I have felt great peace and gratitude for our Heavenly Father's plan this last week. I have always felt strongly about the spirit world and being with our families forever but I have found myself this last week really thinking about it and at times asking if Grandma is really there. I had the coolest experience yesterday as I was getting ready, kind of funny ha but I was doing my make up and out of no where I just felt an incredible burst of happiness and I felt at peace with all that I have been taught through out my life. I feel Grandma's love and I feel strongly that I will be able to see her again. It's been really cool reflecting on past memories that I have with her, every one of them are so good and it has left me feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for the amazing grandparents I have and the family that I have been given. We are so lucky.

I don't even know how to describe these last 18 months! I feel like it's only been a few :) At the same time I feel like I have been here for quite awhile and I'm super excited to see you guys. I have learned so much... I have felt more than ever before that my Heavenly Father knows me, he is so aware of my concerns and questions. I have realized how important it is to make His will my will. That has been difficult at times and super humbling and I can't say I have it perfected yet but I know if we are going to become like our Heavenly Father, sacrifice and consecration are a big part of it. I feel that God has given us weaknesses and allowed struggles to be apart of our lives so we can have the experiences and growth that come from turning them into strengths and overcoming our challenges. My companions have played a huge role in my growth.. things that are not yet perfect but are getting there (give me a couple more lifetimes haha) like patience, charity, choosing my battles, letting go of things I can't control, obedience, sacrifice and selflessness. I could go on for days, I think my mission has just been this one big catalyst in becoming like my Savior. I have recognized things about myself that I never knew and I am thankful to have had an experience that pointed them out quickly so I can start working! I'm especially grateful that I was able to serve others and help them come closer to Christ, I'm going to miss meeting so many kinds of people with different views and back rounds and teaching them the gospel. I have felt God's love for them and his concern for them and I have appreciated every moment. Luckily we don't have to be full-time missionaries to be missionaries :) This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ, every bit of it. The Book of Mormon is so true, it offers direction and comfort. It helps us to build a strong foundation for our testimonies. I know our Heavenly Father wants all of His children to return to him. Everyone has their agency but he has extended the invitation/commandment to us who have this knowledge to help His children use their agency correctly by learning more of the Savior and His Atonement. I know that God views weaknesses differently than he does rebellion and through Christ we have the power to change and feel true happiness in our lives. 

I want to give you all the biggest thank you for the love and encouragement. Thank you for the emails and letters and packages. Thank you for all of the prayers. This is such a typical last email but I want everyone to know how I feel! I feel really really blessed. As far as Post Falls, Idaho, we couldn't have asked for a better last couple of weeks. Sister Ellis and I have met so many incredible people who have quickly become progressing investigators. Mickey came to church with us yesterday and got up to the pulpit to share his testimony with everyone. It was powerful!!! He is going to be a mormon any day now. We have started teaching Diana, a friend of a young woman in our ward. She has been coming to church every week for the last couple of months and is ready for the discussions! She is so elect. We placed her on date for April 11, that's coming up! I'm super excited for her. MIRACLES

I love you so much! I will see you in one week. I can't believe it. I hope you all have a wonderful week :) See you soon

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment