Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 30

woo woo woo!

First off, thank you for the wonderful packages and letters you sent me. I am so grateful. I felt so loved and my Christmas was wonderful. Thank you! It was such a treat to skype with you on Christmas! I am sorry if I wasn't able to answer all of the questions you may have had haha probably because I was crying the whole time. Man I just love my family so much. It made me happy to see your faces. The next day felt a little weird, it felt like talking to you the night before was all just a big dream! And I kept thinking of things that I forgot to tell you guys or ask you! Oh well haha Mother's day is coming up and maybe I won't cry so much.

All of our investigators are doing wonderful :) We haven't had the chance to see Phoebe or Babs in awhile. I feel a little worried about them. I am praying hard that they will find the time to meet with us soon and that they are reading The Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is so so important oh my goodness (last two paragraphs of the introduction) and getting investigators to read every day is a challenge. If we want to have a strong faith and testimony, and be converted to this gospel, we need to be reading from the Book of Mormon. Sean Foley on the other hand is reading everyday and he is going to be baptized on January 11! Please pray for him. Satan works diligently on our lovely investigators. John Bell refuses to go to the addiction recovery program because he said that he has already been to programs and they do not work for him. We have explained to him that the Savior can help him overcome smoking and this program is based on Christ and his Atonement. He still won't do it. SO we are bringing addiction recovery to him. Sister Workman and I are going to be missionaries/stop smoking miracle workers with help from the Lord of course. John is so amazing, he could be baptized right now. But those cigarettes, they are tough... so we will be fasting and praying hard! 

Sister Workman and I have met a lot of great people over the last couple of weeks who seem interested and willing to learn more. I am excited to get to know them better and teach them. I will let you know what happens. 

I want to share something with you that I read this morning in personal study. 3 Nephi 9:13-14. The Nephites have just experienced some massive destruction prior to the Savior's coming. They are feeling incredibly sad at what just happened and The Lord begins to speak to them and asks (practically begs) them to come unto Him. He says "will ye not now return unto me"... now that you are finally at your lowest of low will you please use the gift of repentance that I am offering you and start being happy! It made me cry thinking of the Savior and how much it must have hurt him to see them suffer and feel sad because of their sins and iniquities. He wants so badly for them to come unto Him so he can bless them and give them eternal life. The Savior is always desiring that we will make good choices. And if we make a mistake, He hopes that we will repent and try to be better. That is what will bring true healing and happiness. I am grateful that he is so merciful because I have messed up a lot but I have felt the peace that comes from repentance and trusting in The Lord and his Atonement. How blessed am I to be able to invite others to repent and feel that same peace? 

I wish you a Happy 2014! I love you!
 
Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment