Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23

Merry Christmas :)


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful week. I am having so much fun in Sandpoint, I love it here. It's pretty magical, I hear it's even more magical in the summer time so I am crossing my fingers that maybe just maybe I will be able to stay here that long hahah you never know!

I have been really wanting to see a moose! Supposedly they are everywhere in Sandpoint but since I have been here I haven't seen one. A couple weeks ago I was considering praying to Heavenly Father and asking specifically if I could see a moose before I left the area, but I never remembered to mention it when I said my prayers. The other morning after personal study I opened the blinds and right there outside my window was a big MOOSE just hanging out right there! I was so excited! I yelled to Sister Workman and she ran into the room and we watched him for a good ten minutes haha she knew how happy I was. I have wanting to see a moose for a good while now. Heavenly Father knows the desires of our hearts :) 

We have been teaching a family in our ward. The Bennetts :) I love them, they are awesome. Brother Bennett is (was!) a less active and has struggled with his testimony of the gospel. As we have taught them the Spirit has been strong. They started reading the Book of Mormon and praying as a family and Brother Bennett has been coming to church every Sunday with his family. Last Sunday he invited us to watch him be ordained a priest! He looked so happy afterwards and I was really happy for him. He is planning on baptizing his daughter the beginning of next year and has been talking about getting ready to go to the temple with his family to be sealed. I feel so grateful to be able to witness the spiritual progress of this cute little family. I have seen the impact the gospel has had on them as they strive to keep the commandments. I know the gospel strengthens and blesses families! When I have a family I want to do my best to have daily scripture study and prayer together. It makes a difference!

Merry Christmas again! And Happy New Year! I love you! A departing missionary in the Sandpoint ward said something last week at his farewell that I loved and wanted to share with you! He said "There are so many ways The Lord blesses us if we put ourselves to work." - Elder Speakman

Love you! 

Love, Sister Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment