Wednesday, January 8, 2014


 
January 6,2014

BEST WEEK IN THE MISSION THUS FAR. Goodness I love love love being a missionary. Ether 12:18 describes a little bit of my week. "And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith" We have been praying fervently, continuously, day and night for the Lord to place in our paths those who are prepared and ready to receive the gospel. There are moments in the past where my faith was lacking in the human race. Sister Workman and I would be walking up to someone and I would already be telling myself that they were going to say no. I kept asking myself why wasn't this working, why are we not finding people who want to have the gospel in their lives? I realized the thoughts that I was having and decided that I needed to increase my faith in The Lord and in missionary work. I have been studying and studying and applying and applying and praying my little heart out to grow in my faith. I will often say "Heavenly Father, please help me to increase my faith in missionary work and in the power of the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon." I am very specific with The Lord because I fear that if I just pray for faith, He will provide me with a trial that I really do not want hahaha. He is funny like that. Heavenly Father answers prayers, He truly does. We have worked hard to talk to everyone, to be diligent and obedient and exercise our faith. He has blessed us incredibly. 

We found 8 new investigators this week! And not just any investigators. These are the big ones! The elect and the prepared! Some may be more than others but I am excited to teach each and every one. They are wonderful. We found a family and they are excited to learn more about the gospel and read The Book of Mormon. They are the Parsons :) Dani, Nick, and their little daughter Elle. We found them in a pretty miraculous way... a few weeks ago we went to go visit an inactive family. At their house was a friend of theirs named Jackie. We talked with her a little bit and she said she would be alright if we came to her house sometime and shared some more. She gave us her address and the next week we went over. We knocked on the door and another woman, Heidi, answered. She told us she was Jackie's room mate. Jackie wasn't home but she allowed us to come in and share a message with her and her family. The next week we decided to go back and see them again. When we knocked on the door another woman answered, it was Dani! She told us that they had just moved in, we were a little confused haha Heidi was just there the week before but we shared our testimonies with Dani and told her the gospel with strengthen her and her family. She was quick to set up a return appointment with us! That doesn't happen all the time haha. The other day was our appointment, we taught the Restoration to her and her husband and answered their questions. Nick told us that the reason they invited us to come back is because Mormons are so happy and they want to see what that is all about :) That made me smile. They committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray everyday and they wanted us to take them on a church tour the next day! When we took them on a church tour, the Spirit was so so strong. They told us they felt good and at peace and they are excited to continue meeting with us. Tonight they are having dinner and family home evening with a young family in our ward who joined us for the church tour. Sister Justeson is a convert so it should be good! WE ARE SO HAPPY! I am telling you, nothing brings greater joy and satisfaction than sharing your testimony with others and inviting them to come unto Christ and experience the happiness that comes from living the gospel. As I have been talking to everyone the Lord puts in my path and testify to them of the gospel and the Savior and His Atonement, I feel so good. I can feel myself becoming converted and that is the best feeling in the world. 

This last week has left me with a greater desire to search more diligently for those who will accept our message and receive those blessings that come from the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the miracles we have seen and the blessings that have been given. I have never felt so happy. This is the true church and as we do our best to follow the commandments, including sharing the gospel with others, and use the Atonement of our Savior in our lives, we will have real joy and contentment. Pray for missionary opportunities! Being a missionary is the best thing ever and anyone can experience it. I love you! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love, Sister Rogers


 
 


 
Here are some pictures of my new years eve party! Sister Workman and I had too much fun with our confetti poppers and martinellis :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment