Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2

The good Lord has seen it fit to keep me in Sandpoint, Idaho for another transfer! He knows how much I love this place and the people. Everyone in the ward says I'm spoiled because this is my first area and I won't find any place that's better. I believe them and that makes me a little nervous haha I DON'T EVER WANT TO LEAVE! But I know that no matter where The Lord sends me I am going to love it. Maybe not as much as Sandpoint... we'll see :)
I am so sorry to hear about the chickens! My heart broke for all of you, especially Sadie and Dad. And then I quickly cheered up when I read about how Sadie came in crying in the middle of the night because the kitten wouldn't let her sleep hahahaha! She is so funny! Reo is a little cutie, too bad he meowed too much. Let me know if you get another kitten or puppy and send me more pictures, you know I love baby animals.
That is so cool Mom that you have the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic! What an awesome opportunity :) I hope you have so much fun! Be safe and take lots of pictures. Tell me all about it when you get home. When I get back it would be really fun if we all went on a humanitarian trip together. I would love nothing more then to serve others with my family. And now I'm thinking about how cool it would be if we could serve missions as families haha. Go out and preach the gospel together! It would be heaven. You would all rock it out in the mission field.
I love the members here more than anything, they are so supportive and loving, but they won't stop giving us food. I swear our fridge is packed with pies and cakes and cookies and thanksgiving dinner and we have bags of candy. Trust me we have turned down a lot of offers and we still manage to return home at night with loads of stuff. I really need you to send me that work out program Dad! Thanks!
This last week I have really been studying faith. Sometimes it is easy to question everything when your investigators aren't keeping their commitments. When you are teaching and testifying and no one is accepting your message. You can get in a habit of looking at someone and thinking there is no way they will listen to what we have to say or there is no they will keep commitments. Where is the faith!? I decided I need a huge dose of it! So I am working on it and I am proud to say that as I pray and ask my Heavenly Father to help me, I have the faith that He will so that's a step! During my personal study I have read so many awesome things about faith. When you get a chance, read Hebrews 11! It's wonderful, I love it. One of my favorite parts is in verse 6, "He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him". I love you! I hope you have a wonderful week. BE SAFE! Especially in the Dominican Republic Mom. XOXO. Please pray for Phoebe, Sean Foley, and John Bell! Pray for Dillon and Carter too :)

Love, Sister Rogers
 
This was hanging up at somebody's property in Libby, Montana. There are so many weirdos there! But they are good people. This thing was huge! The picture doesn't do it justice. I'm not sure if it was a deer or a cougar? Probably a deer but it would be cooler if it was a cougar.

 
 My favorite little alley way in Sandpoint. There is art everywhere.

 
This is John Bell! He is a little sweetheart and a future member of the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment