Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21,2014

Dearest Family,

I don't have a whole lot to write about today except that I am so grateful for those who are prepared and interested in learning more about the gospel. You face a lot of rejection in the mission field. A lot of nos, go aways, slammed doors, disgusted faces hahaha most times we just shrug it off and giggle but it can hurt sometimes and cause your faith to shake a little bit. But experiences like that make those moments so sweet and joyful when someone is kind and willing to give you some of their time to listen to what you have to say. The other day Sister Workman and I ran into a 20 year old who's name is Amanda. She was on her way to work but told us we could come back. So we did :) She allowed us to come in and we taught her about the Savior and His Atonement. Towards the end of our lesson we were all feeling the Spirit. She was in tears and agreed to come on a church tour with us. Last night when we were planning at our desk Amanda texted us...

She said: Hey can I ask you a question? 

We said: Absolutely! What can we do for you?  

Amanda: What kinda stuff do the two of you do? And I was wonderin if we could maybe sit and talk again sometime..?

                           We were so happy when we read that!!

Us: We find those who are willing to learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach them, and invite them to do those things that will help them to come closer to Him and have greater happiness in their lives. And we would love to come share another lesson with you! :) 

Amanda: Yea that would be awesome.

Poor Sister Workman probably thinks I am a psycho but I started to cry right there at our desk hahah my heart was so full. She said that would be awesome! That doesn't happen as often as the rejections haha but I thought to myself.. despite all of those who choose to not listen and allow the Spirit to touch them... there are a few who are humble and desire to learn more. And those few make it all worth it. It is the greatest feeling in the world. I am excited to teach Amanda and help her to see those blessings that come the gospel of Jesus Christ and his Atonement. 

Our mission president has challenged us to read all of the Book of Mormon by the end of this transfer. It's been awesome! It has only been a few days and I have learned so much and realized why the Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool in missionary work. It allows us to gain and strengthen our testimonies of the Savior. I want to extend the challenge to you to read the Book of Mormon in 6 weeks :) And if you are already reading, start over! I know it will be a wonderful experience and a blessing. I love the Introduction.. it says [The Book of Mormon] puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come. The Book of Mormon is true and I promise as you read you will feel greater peace and happiness. 

I love you so much! Thank you for the recent package. I am so happy to have the resistance bands!! Thanks Dad :) And thank you Mom and Sadie for your letters, they make me so so happy. Could you send me the recipe for Chicken Brocolli Casserole? I am craving it. And thank you for the heating pad you sent me for my birthday, it saved my life this last week. 

XOXOX

 Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment