Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

DEER PARK
 


My time is up! I am being transferred to DEER PARK tomorrow. I think it's in Washington? You will have to look it up for me and see because I have no idea, we are mapless. I'm sure I'll figure it out. As much as I have tried to put on a brave face, I can't help but shed a few tears here and there. It's bittersweet :) But I am very excited for what lies ahead! My new companion is Sister Fuller! She's a cutie, her and I have done a role play lesson together in the past. We are sweeping the area! That's gonna be fun, we get to start from the bottom up. We are going to find those who are prepared and ready to receive the gospel.

I feel a lot of comfort and peace even though I am leaving such a wonderful place. I have absolutely loved every minute of it and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for the privilege it has been to be here for 6 months and watch the area progress. Mostly with our less actives. There have been miracles upon miracles and several families have been reactivated! It has been a treat to see them recommit themselves and enjoy the blessings that come from keeping the commandments. Sean Foley is progressing QUICKLY towards baptism! Of course I would be taken out of the area the second he decides he is ready! Tonight we are having dinner with him and the Downens so that will be good. I am so happy for him. It has been amazing to watch him grow and learn more about the gospel as he reads and prays. He has also been coming to church diligently and I think he really enjoys it. He is recognizing the Spirit and if that is all I got to experience on my mission was watching Sean gain an understanding and increase in his faith and testimony of the gospel, then my mission has absolutely been worth it! Lucky for me, I have had an abundance of great experiences. I am blessed. I love Sandpoint and the people here, I am going to miss each one of them. I think I have embraced this little town so much that I am feeling a little nervous to serve in the big areas! I'm a small town girl now hahah just teasing I don't know why I said that, but actually I think it might be true. I have zero idea what Deer Park is like but a part of me really hopes that it is as small as Sandpoint. Either way... it will be good :) I read an awesome scripture this morning that made me happy, it is in Moroni 8:16 "perfect love casteth out all fear". Even though I don't know what to expect... I know I am going to love the people in Deer Park and when I think about it that way, I feel way more excited than nervous.

Oh! I finished the Book of Mormon this morning, woo hoo! I have never read it that quickly before and I have learned SO so so so much. It is true and combined with the Spirit it is the most powerful tool we have in converting ourselves and helping others to be converted. Plus prayer :) You always gotta pray. 

I love you so much! I'm excited to tell you all about Deer Park. I hope there are just as many toothless crazy people there as there are in Sandpoint. Those people have become some of my dearest friends.

Love, Sister Rogers



 
Sean gave Sister Workman and I some flowers and cookies for Valentines Day. GOLDEN investigator :) He is so sweet
 
 

The LaGraces, cutest couple ever. They always make my day.
 
 
The Wills! They are also the best haha I love the older generation. We click.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment