Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014

Man oh man oh man. This place is the epitome of a small town haha the boonies... Deer Park, population 3,000. It's small and spread out. Sister Fuller and I are still trying to get used to the fact that it takes 20 minutes to get from one house to the next, and we don't get to see quite as many people in the day as we were able to in Sandpoint and Moscow(her previous area) but I am loving it. We have only been here for a few days and we have seen so many miracles already! Our members are so missionary minded. It is so cool to be surrounded by people who have a desire to share the gospel with others and who are so willing to share with us the names of those who have been on their minds. Yesterday was our first day attending the ward. It isn't very big and 90% of the people are past their 60's and retired. Which I absolutely love :) I think their words of wisdom is one of the greatest things I will cherish from this experience as a missionary. I have learned so much. Sister Fuller is wonderful. We are very similar, laid back and excited to meet people and we love to have fun while we do missionary work (there are some missionaries who have a hard time with that). We live with the Gilsons in a little separate apartment by their house. They are both so great and very welcoming. I will have to send you a picture of them sometime soon!

I have so many things I want to share with you from the last couple of days! One of them being we have already found 3 new investigators who are progressing beautifully! The Lord is preparing the hearts of so many people. It's incredible and it is such a happy thing to witness. I will tell you the story next week, I am running short on time today :/ I also got word that Sean is still set to be baptized on March 15th! I am so excited for him. What a cool guy. 

I LOVE YOU!!! Be safe and have a wonderful week. Spring is coming soon. I. AM. SO. GLAD. I'm tired of snow..

Oh! What day is Sara getting married? No one has told me yet.

Love, Sister Rogers
 
This is my humble home! The one on the right. The Gilsons live on the left. We got dumped on yesterday.

 
This is where I preach the gospel :) Out in the middle of no where. My area is huge.
 
 
On occasion you get swarms of wild turkeys crossing the road. They are funny

 
That is my bedroom up there in the left hole! We were so excited when we saw these ladders for the first time haha it's like a treehouse.

 
This is where I study every day

 
Our lovely bedroom :)
 

 
we went knocking on doors in the wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment