Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

I have never loved missionary work more than I do right now. I feel like there is no way I will be able to keep my mouth shut once I get home. Don't get me wrong, it is still a little nerve racking sometimes to approach people and open my mouth, but the joy that comes from sharing the gospel is just too great to pass up. It makes me SO happy. 

A new stake president was called yesterday for our stake (he is awesome by the way, a young man in his late 30's who is a convert to the church, President Stark!), the former stake president has been called to be a mission president in the Brazilia, Brazil mission. The two general authorities in our area this last week was Elder Golden and Elder Call. The missionaries had the chance to meet with them this last Friday for a couple of hours, then hear them speak for the adult session Saturday evening and again Sunday morning for the conference. Those men bring such a huge spirit with them. And they are full of wisdom, I could listen to them for days. Their testimonies are powerful and as I sat and listened to them these last couple of days I just kept thinking of how blessed I am to be a member of this true church. My heart has been full of so much gratitude for the incredible spiritual experiences I am having on my mission and I am so happy I made the decision to be here. 

Elder Golden is one of my favorite general authorities now haha he is a very powerful speaker. He is packed with deep doctrine, I wish I could just sit at his feet and ask him question upon question. On Saturday night he talked a lot about missionary work and how we can have an increase of the Spirit in our lives. He said each time we pray, read the scriptures, do an act of service, attend church, etc. the Spirit rests upon us and it is up to us to maintain that spirit by faithfully doing those things. The Spirit is everything!. I have come to really understand that on my mission. He then ended with his testimony. The room was quiet and he began to testify boldly of Christ. I wish you all could of been there, it is hard to write just how powerful and strong the feeling in the room was. He mentioned just how thin the veil truly is. He testified that he is a special witness of Christ. He told us, "He is not an absentee master". The way he said it and the powerful Spirit that touched my heart helped me to know what he meant. I had chills haha. Through the power of the Holy Ghost, I know Christ lives. I know he is in the fine details of our lives. I know what Elder Golden said is true. THE GOSPEL! Hahah it is just too good. 


Gio, our monk, came to stake conference this last week! We had a lesson with him at the Bishop's house the other night. He shared with us an experience he had a couple weeks ago. He said a voice came to his mind telling him that a new group of people were going to come into his life, that he was going to gain some new peers, and he needs to listen to what they have to share. Isn't that cool?? I am excited for him. He is great and willing to learn more! I will keep you updated. We had two other investigators come to church too yesterday! MIRACLES.

I am about to get kicked off! I love you all so very much.

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment