Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

I am so sorry, this email is pretty short! We had to email at the family history center today because the library was full and these computers are SO slow. 

I hope you had a great Easter, I absolutely loved it. Sister Fuller was the speaker in sacrament meeting. She did a lovely job! It was nice having her speak because I knew that it was going to be a simple powerful talk that would help our investigators understand and feel the Spirit. I felt at ease sitting in the congregation this Sunday haha some sacrament meetings can feel a little stressful when a speaker goes off on a long tangent and they share very little testimony or doctrine, or they are too quiet and all you can hear are the fussy kids... stuff like that. You are always just praying super hard that your investigators got something out of it, that they recognized the Spirit that was there even if everything wasn't perfect. But this Sunday I didn't have to worry about it, it felt nice. We had 5 come for Easter Sunday :) 2 of them attended due to the wonderful missionary skills of our pro investigator, Jim Brock. He invited some people from his work and they came! He was so excited and so were we. He is going to be a great member. We had a really cool lesson with him the other day at our ward mission leader's home. We taught the Word of Wisdom. I think it was one of the most powerful lessons I have been a part of since coming on my mission. The Spirit was thick. I love feeling the Holy Ghost that strongly... it's those moments when you feel genuine love for those around you, you feel content and worry free. You know right then and there that the Savior is very real and that He loves you. You know the gospel is true and you feel immense gratitude.

I got a COLD SORE this week... yep haha anyone who has seen me with a cold sore knows what I am talking about. I guess a mission causes a bit of stress :) Lately I have been really trying to remind myself of what I can and can't control as a missionary. This little lesson is going to help me in the long run and hopefully I won't get as many cold sores! These people are ultimately in the Lord's hands and I am just here to help Him in any way that I can. 

One of my favorite Easter scriptures is Mosiah 15:8-9. I have been thinking a lot about Christ's resurrection. I feel extremely blessed to know that through Him we can overcome death and be with our families forever. I think that is one of the greatest messages I get to share as a missionary.

I love you! I hope everything is going well! XOXO

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment