Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 7, 2014

I loved General Conference :) Easter Conference is always good. I love that feeling that I get as I listen and learn more about the Savior and His gospel during this time of the year! I had too many favorites this weekend... all of the messages were wonderful but I really loved Scotts, Uchtdorfs, Sister Stevens, Bishop Stevensons, and Bednars <3 Those were the ones that struck my heart pretty hard ha the ones that The Lord used to answer my questions and concerns. There is always an underlying theme to everyone's messages. I think some of the big themes that I really noticed was charity/loving God & others, God's commandments vs. worldly trends, the importance of making and keeping sacred covenants.

We had some pretty awesome miracles this last week! Patricia and Caylee, Sister Alexander's friends that she referred us to (who were interested and we taught a few lessons to early March and then they dropped off the face of the Earth) texted us earlier last week and told us they would like to meet with us! We spent a lot of our time with them answering some concerns Patricia has had by sharing scriptures with her and Caylee and helping them see how it applies to them. At the end of our meeting Sister Alexander who was with us invited them to watch general conference and asked if she could come over and watch it with them Sunday morning at their house. Patricia and Caylee were all for it so of course we were really happy! We haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet but we are praying and hoping that the messages touched their hearts and they were able to recognize the Spirit. Patricia and Caylee believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon is true but they also believe that multiple people are prophets... they think all religious leaders are called of God, like the leader who started the 7th day Adventist church, or the pope. We have been praying hard that General Conference has opened their eyes and helped them to better understand the Restoration and it's importance. We will see! Elder Corbridge's talk was perfect for them. Patricia texted us and told us she recorded the sunday afternoon session and will watch it and that she will see us this week so we are counting on it.

Jim is on date for May 3rd!!!!!! He is so excited! Sometimes I just get teary eyed when I think about him or pray for him because I feel really blessed to be the missionary who gets to teach him. He is so prepared and willing to learn. Satan is throwing in some tricks to try and bring him down, he has a lot going on in his family right now that is causing him a lot of worry and heartache, but he is hanging in there! He attended the Sunday morning session of general conference with us and the second Uchtdorf began to talk until the very last speaker, ALL of Jim's concerns were addressed. Hopefully he recognized that revelation just as much as we did. We were blown away! It was like God was speaking directly to him, it was so cool to witness. Sister Fuller and I are staying in Deer Park another transfer so we will be able to continue to help Jim progress and be prepared for baptism! I am so grateful!

I love you! By the way there is a woman here in our ward who reminds me so much of my Aunt Val. It makes me happy haha she has a lot of the same mannerisms and the same cute wavy hair and they are about the same age. She did marketing and all the stuff, I could talk to her for hours haha we love her. Sister Riegle is her name :) 

It's starting to warm up! I hope you have a fun spring week!

LOve, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment