Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 29 2014

Dearest family and friends,


Jim is doing much much better :) He is coming to church every Sunday, he is continuing to read his scriptures and pray daily. Just watching him has strengthened my testimony of the power those three things have to help us overcome our struggles. I am so proud of him, he was just called to be a scouts leader! And he now holds the priesthood. What a man. I know the Lord is very proud of him too. There has been some talk of him possibly baptizing Amanda and Chris which would be awesome, I think he would feel very honored and privileged to do so. We are teaching Amanda and Chris the Word of Wisdom tonight in about an hour. I know it is something the both of them can live by with faith and prayer. The last lesson we had with them was amazing! I am blown away by the changes that I have seen in the both of them. The gospel changes people. Chris is still feeling a little uncomfortable with prayer so we haven't really had a kneeling prayer with them but this last lesson I felt it was important. We had a couple members with us for our lesson and I invited everyone to kneel at the end. We all knelt down together in a circle and Amanda offered the closing prayer. I was smiling big, the Spirit was strong. Little moments like that have been some of the greatest on my mission! Sometimes I get bothered or heartbroken about all of the "not interested" comments we receive. There are moments when you start asking yourself, is the work is really hastening? And then I am reminded of all of the amazing people I get to work with. All of the investigators who may not get baptized as quick as I would hope but they will get there and I feel so happy and so blessed to help them. The people have definitely made my mission. I feel I have learned so much from all of those I have met and drawn close to. When I actually take the time to humble myself and open my eyes to all the experiences and opportunities God has given me I don't really care how many rejections I face because the work is still growing and we are finding the elect. 

But just for kicks and giggles let me give you a little bit of an idea of the kind of people we work with on a regular basis haha I thought this was too funny not to tell you...
Sister Huntsman and I were driving down a country road when we saw two men sitting outside a garage on two stools drinking some beer. We pulled our car to the side of the road and approached them. They were kind but one of them immediately started telling us how he doesn't need to go to church to believe in God. That's a big one out here in the Spokane, Washington mission. He started telling us about his pastor and how his pastor got on him for not coming to church. He then went on to tell us what he told his pastor. He said to him, "Do you want me in church thinking about my Harley, or do you want me on my Harley thinking about God?" He laughed and laughed at himself while he told us this story, he thought he had made a good point. Then he looks at Sister Huntsman and I and said, "So in the summertime I ride my Harley and praise God, and in the wintertime I go to church and praise God." Oh boy haha someday they will learn the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy. 

Sister Huntsman and I have made a goal to be more bold especially when we face opinions like these, it has been working wonders! The Savior is bold and I feel much more fulfilled when I am following the promptings of the Spirit and saying what He would want me to say rather than sugar coating my words. 

I sent you a lot of pictures! I'm sorry to bombard your emails hah it's been a fun couple of weeks. The church is true!

I love you!

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers


The Sweeneys! Such a funny couple hahah I could listen to them for hours. Sister Sweeney came to the temple with us today, she is a sweetheart.


okay. This is my mission, I'm so lucky. I always sing Keith Urban songs driving down these roads.


look Dad!! I mow lawns now. I know this picture isn't me in action, Sister Huntsman just snapped it with the camera but you should see the lawn, it's beautiful.



we love eachother


BROTHER GILSON :) One of the greatest people I have ever met.


SISTER SWEENEY, she's the best


Spike, our farm cat


 I swear animals feel the Spirit haha they won't leave us alone


I had to show you this super chubby dog. He wasn't feeling the Spirit so much, he was about to bite off my hand right there


some of our favorite investigators, April and Zach <3


 I ran into Sister Workman today at the temple! It was a beautiful reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment