Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014


Okay okay I am so sorry! Last week I got distracted reading everyone's emails and before I knew it I had 10 minutes to write so I typed something up and then my computer shut down before I could send it. I was bummed! But I knew you would understand. Sister Huntsman and I just got done sheep wranglin. My arms feel like they are going to fall off. Sister Haney had Sister Fuller and I come once before... we grab huge fluffy sheep from behind and we have to flip them over one by one on their bums and wrap our arms and legs around them so the their hooves can be clipped. They are strong and chubby and smelly and goodness I just feel like taking a nap. Sister Haney was in desperate need of help, she is shipping her sheep to New York soon and wanted them to look nice. This was also Sister Huntsman's opportunity at a once in a lifetime experience haha you all would have been laughing watching her try to flip them over. She's so funny :) This time I seemed to have a better hang of it. 

These last two weeks have been great. We have been praying to find those who are prepared and we were blessed with plenty of new investigators. We have also found a couple families! Deseray and Nathan and their two little girls and the Stenlund family. Both were so sincere and said we can come back. I am crossing my fingers. We also started teaching a part member family in our ward, the Winkfields :) Paul is a member and his wife Sarah is not but they do come to church almost every Sunday with their little babies and have been the whole time I've been here. Back when Sister Fuller was here we would stop by and have small conversations about the gospel. Sarah is pretty quiet and Paul had asked us to not be "pushy" with her so nothing ever really happened with our visits and they became less and less frequent. It was at a point where the Winkfields weren't really at the front of my mind but a couple of weeks ago Sarah started coming to my mind repeatedly, about a week later I woke up in the early morning and while I was laying there the thought came to my mind that I need to ask Sarah about baptism. I felt anxious once I realized it was a prompting from the Spirit haha it had to be a prompting and we needed to get there as soon as we could (I always think of the stories Thomas S. Monson shares about following promptings). So this last Wednesday while we were on splits, the Luras and I went to go see the Winkfields. We talked for a little bit and asked how their family was doing and then we said an opening prayer. After the prayer ended everyone looked at me, then I just looked Sarah and said, "Sarah, you come to church with your family every Sunday. Have you thought much about baptism?" She smiled and said, "Actually, I have." The Spirit was so strong and I was just thinking to myself, she's thinking about baptism!! and woo hoo I followed a prompting!!! It felt good. I was happy that we could be there at the opportune time to talk to her about it and show her that we cared for her and her family. The Lura's invited her to take the missionary lessons and she said that would be great. So there you have it, a miracle. One of my most favorite experiences on my mission. I have been reminded of how clear but also how subtle a spiritual prompting can be. Seriously for me I think it is most often just a simple thought. I am working on recognizing those more and more. I would encourage all of you to pay attention to the promptings the Spirit brings to you... names, ideas, thoughts of comfort, peace, change and encouragement... then act on them. It's exciting! I love you all so much, I hope you have a great upcoming week. CONGRATULATIONS MAKENZIE :) :) I'm praying it will be warm and sunny for your reception too.

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment