Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14, 2014

Family :) This last week I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Spanish sisters in my zone. I loved it. It's cool to sit in on a lesson and have no idea what's being said but you feel the Spirit so strongly. It gave me an opportunity to better recognize the Spirit because I could focus on what I was feeling rather than what was being said. It was heaven and the Hispanics are just too great. When I serve a mission with my husband someday I wouldn't mind if we were called to a Spanish speaking mission one bit. I would give it all of my heart and soul to learn the language. All the Spanish missionaries and myself had dinner at their ward mission leaders house and the Elders taught the message at the end of our visit. Everyone in the house knew how to speak Spanish but me so the Elders decided it would be a good idea to have me read the scriptures haha I'm sure that was amusing for all of them. I butchered it probably but Sister Torres said I did a really good job so hey ha maybe.

I am so excited for Logi to get his call :) I've been asking everyone if they think it's possible for siblings to serve in the same mission at the same time. Logan would be so lucky haha this is the best mission but I'm sure where ever he is called will be pretty wonderful :) I've at least been praying and asking Heavenly Father, if it's His will of course, to have Logan's departure date be after my return home haha it's selfish but I thought I would give it a go. Send me a video from the iPhone of him reading his call please :) those videos seem to work well.

Meet the Mormons was pretty good. I love the candy bomber, he is such a sweetheart. I think that's the only part I really cried. It reminded me of a time I went on a date up at the Conference Center for the Christmas program. They had a big presentation on the candy bomber and little parachutes with candy dropped from the ceiling and beautiful music was playing and he came on stage and was able to share his testimony. It was good, I was bawling hahah I remember turning my head to wipe the tears so my date didn't think I was crazy. Inspirational stories get me. So yes that was probably my favorite part in the film. You will have to go see it when you get the chance!

I got to go but I love you!

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment