Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 10, 2014

FAMILY :) Hello!

My new companion is Sister Nicole Wilson from Frisco, Texas. I love her so much, she is a sweetheart. She is doing so well you wouldn't even know she is a new missionary. We are going to have a fun transfer. I'll send you a picture of her soon. Mario is doing well, we had a miracle with him the other day. He is a little nervous to make the commitment to be baptized but these last few weeks as we've taught him the plan of salvation and building a foundation of scripture study, prayer, and church attendance, he has felt the Spirit and is growing so much! His countenance is changing and it's so exciting to watch. I think a lot of it had to do with Sister Dunford and the talents and experiences God has given her. She was able to connect with Mario very well and I think her bold spirit had a powerful influence on him. I'm grateful for her help in getting this area going. It's progressing haha it's getting there. For example... when initially asked if he would be baptized, Mario would say, "When I'm ready" or "We'll see". Things like that. I was starting to lose some hope but this last week when invited by Sister Wilson he said, "SOON!" He said soon! WOOOOWOWOW! That's a good answer. I'm so happy.

Remember when I told you about Sarah Winkfield and the promptings that wouldn't leave me alone?? She was baptized this last week :) Next step is the temple. I'm so happy for her and her family!

How is everybody doing? How is school and work and life? I am always praying for you. One thing that has become very real to me on my mission is that families can be together forever. I've always known this but my gratitude for this blessing has been strengthened, I didn't think that was possible but it is. I feel so blessed to have the loved ones in my life that I do, friends and family. It couldn't get any better than you guys!

By the way Dad, I LOVE your pirate costume hahah all the Elders were cracking up. You look good.

LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Rogers

I will have the pictures of my pumpkins next week, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment