Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014
Camren. He is the sweetest thing in the world and such a good kid. He is our recent convert who was baptized a couple weeks ago and he is 15 years old. He is progressing so well. We are starting the new member lessons with him and his family has shown some interest. None of them are members, it's really exciting! They have come to church often to watch him receive the priesthood and give a talk. This last week we were blessed to be able to go to the temple with him and do baptisms. He said it was amazing. I agree, Sister Ellis and I weren't able to do baptisms but I was alright just sitting there and soaking it all in. I felt the Spirit and received a few answers while I was there without even really seeking for them. Heavenly Father does that to me sometimes... I'll have thoughts, questions and concerns on my mind, at times I'll pray about them and study the scriptures trying to look for some light then I'll put it all aside. Days, weeks, or months down the road the Lord will give me a clear answer out of no where and I recognize it. It blows me away how aware my Heavenly Father is of me and the people I love. He often gives me peace concerning the matter but sometimes I feel overwhelmed or nervous because it's not necessarily the answer I was expecting or wanted but hey if I'm going to have "real intent" and build my relationship with God, I need to submit to His will. I'm still learning how to do that believe it or not. I know my mission here in Washington is almost over but I feel like I still need to consecrate myself more fully. It's a process and I'm praying my little heart out for strength. 

It was a great Christmas! We were productive and felt the Christmas Spirit the whole day. Penny had her family over and we had a huge Christmas dinner. She also took it upon herself to get us somethings from Christmas, she is so cute. One of the things she got us was coloring books haha I didn't realize how much I love to color. I'll send you a picture of our backyard. It is taken from her deck.. you are going to die it's so beautiful. I feel pretty lucky to be serving my Heavenly Father in such a beautiful place. I love my mission and I love even more the people I get to work with. I am excited to find those who are prepared in Post Falls! It was so good talking to you guys on Christmas! Thank you thank you for the sweet Christmas letters and packages that were sent. I loved them! 

I hope you have a great week! Love you!

Love, Sister Rogers

We spent some time last night shooting crossbows at the Ficklins


Camren! :)



Post Falls, Idaho!


No comments:

Post a Comment