Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 12, 2015

Okay okay I love teaching youth. Why have I not had youth investigators my entire mission?? They are the best. Galexi is getting ready for the big day and she is such a little missionary. She had her friend Kayla over (who's older brother just got baptized a few weeks ago) for one of our lessons. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and when we finished Kayla told us she wanted to get baptized. Her mom is really supportive of the church, especially because Dylan, her older son, was just baptized, but she doesn't want anything to do with it. She doesn't want to change. I'm convinced that these kids and teenagers we have been teaching are going to play a huge part in softening their parents hearts. Before we closed we invited Kayla to talk to her mom about it and see what she thinks, before she could even respond Galexi turned around and looked Kayla straight in the eye and said, "Will you come to church with us?" HAHAHA her face was so serious, it was the greatest. Way to be bold Galexi. She will make a great missionary someday. I have never felt more happy on my mission then when I'm teaching the cute little Dunbar kids and obviously my recent converts but these guys just have such a huge spirit about them and they want to learn how to be like the Savior. I love them so much, they strengthen my testimony every time. I need to remember to take some photos of them. 

Okay. I really want to just chop my hair all off. Not all of it but definitely shorter. Are you sure you want me to wait til I come home? It's not that cool haha it's actually pretty boring. I don't know if I can wait two more months! 

Sister Ellis, my Nashville companion, is awesome. Did I ever tell you she is a convert? She was baptized a little over a year ago! We have such good talks and I ask her all the questions in the book! She tells me about her life before she was baptized. It's fascinating. I'm really impressed with her faith in God and her willingness to make big changes. Penny, who we live with, is a recent convert too. Both Penny and Sister Ellis do not have any family members who are members of the church. We all talk about it sometimes and I find myself just feeling so blessed, having been raised in the Church, to be surrounded by women who haven't always had the gospel and who have developed very strong testimonies of it's principles. How cool that I get to have opportunities like this you know? I am starting to talk in an accent thanks to Miss Tennessee here. 

Have a great week! I love you so much! 

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment