Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015

This last week has been interesting, I woke up a couple days ago feeling so off. I was nauseous and my body ached, I threw up a few times. You would think by the end of the day I would start feeling better that's usually how it goes but it lingered for a few days and I still feel kind of weird. Much better than the first day though. I just have no appetite at all ha but it's getting there. You know something is up when Adrienne has no appetite. That reminds me of a time when I was at Iggy's sports grill with Dillon and I was so hungry. We (or maybe it was just me) ate the whole bread basket and I wanted some more. That is not how I feel right now ha nothing looks good but it's getting better so no worries! I just feel like it has such an affect on the work. It's the worst being sick on a mission. Especially when your time is almost up and you just want to be out doing the best you can. BUT I look back and I realize how much the Lord has blessed me with good health, especially on my mission! I have only been sick once before this week so I am grateful. It's pretty incredible. I also feel very grateful to my Heavenly Father that he has taken care of all of you guys. I remember at the beginning of my mission I always had a little worry in the back of my head that something could happen to a loved one while I was away but we have been promised that the Lord will take care of our families while we are serving and I thank him every single day for keeping that promise. I realize that sometimes the Lord has other plans for us that are meant to challenge us and help us grow but I feel like I've come to a point where no matter what I happens, I have faith that it will all work out and that God's plan is a happy one despite the hardships along the way. I'm rambling haha but hands down I am just so happy that the Lord has taken care of all of you and of me.
Galexi is getting baptized this Friday!!!! I'm so excited for her! Yesterday we went over the baptismal interview questions with her. We asked her about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom, tithing, and other things we have taught her. Her answers were the greatest, she was making us all laugh! When we asked her what her understanding was of the law of chastity she started listing off what she knows including, "no kissing boys". Kyla, her mom, was happy about that answer. It reminded me of Dad and how he would always tell me when I was younger not to get married until I was 30 or not to kiss until I was married! I think I also remember him telling me to throw rocks at boys haha he is such a crack up! We decided to let that response from Galexi fly for now, it brought Kyla some relief. I feel such a stewardship over the Dunbar family, like I need to always be sure to keep them in my prayers forever and keep in touch with them and help them remain active in the gospel so they can receive all of the blessings Heavenly Father wants to give them.
We have another investigator Ray, who is on date for February 28th. He is a good guy. He loves to learn and wants to know everything which can be both great and challenging at the same time. He wants logical answers to support the Spirit that he's been feeling. What I mean by that is I'm pretty confident he has felt the Spirit time and time again confirm to him that this message is true. But he is too scared to act on it. So we are trying to help him the best we can. I  have really felt the Lord's help as I've been teaching him. He asks difficult questions or shares interesting concerns that Sister Ellis and I seem to answer somehow, he isn't able to argue our responses and it looks like he is content with them. It's really cool to see the Spirit work that way. I've learned a lot about the gospel in moments like that.
Logan is entering the mission field soon!!! I could of sworn he just went into the MTC? Crazy. I'm praying for you Logi. I've recently heard some super funny stories from members of our ward who have served in South America. Logan's going to have some adventures haha
I LOVE YOU! I hope you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment