Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 2, 2015

This week has been pretty amazing! We have met some great people. We strive to talk to everyone we see, and after we are done talking to them and walk away I feel so good and I feel the Lord is so proud of us and He is happy for them and I ask myself 'what if we had just walked by them and never talked to them?' Someone so prepared would have missed out on a chance to hear about the gospel. As we exercise faith and act, the Lord blesses us. One of those blessings this week is Mickey Lingar, he is such a cool guy! We had contacted almost everyone in our plans for the day and had some time to kill, we decided to stop by a potential investigators house and we ran into Mickey! He is a recovering alcoholic who is a gentleman with a thick Texas accent and he has this light about him ha he wants to know more about the gospel. He shared some experiences with us and told us he has lost so many things including his wife and kids. He was finally so tired of feeling out of control and alone that he turned to God and offered the most sincere prayer he has ever prayed. He asked God for the strength to stop chewing and drinking. There was one time after that experience that he felt a huge craving.. he just laid on the floor with his dog right by him and put his trust in the Lord by praying his little heart out.. he hasn't chewed or drank since and he told us he really hasn't felt any cravings. He was so excited for us to come back and talk about our Heavenly Father with him. Our meeting with Mickey touched my heart and I was reminded that the power of the Atonement is so real. Maybe I am just going out on a limb here but I feel like if we all aren't careful (and I feel like this because I've experienced it), we tend to have the natural man take over and we begin to cultivate a mindset that our struggles, addictions, stresses, etc. are too big for a simple prayer to take care of. I know that's what the adversary wants us to believe. I have felt so much strength and happiness come from accessing the Atonement through prayer. I can't believe I forget that sometimes. I love my Savior and I am thankful for this chance I have to serve Him. 

I hope you guys are doing so well. John Lamothe is doing awesome! I love that guy. He offered the sweetest prayer the other day and said, "I am looking forward to being apart of this church"! I felt like I was going to die I was so happy. 

Love you!

hey sorry I meant to send a picture of Galexi, Sister Ellis, and I at her baptism last week but I accidentally sent one of the jeep! I will just show you when I get home

Love, Sister Adrienne Rogers

cheap cheap cheap. Is it this cheap in Utah?


I just love the dunbar family too much


the Elders stole the jeep from us yesterday so we were stuck walkin the streets. No one wanted to talk to us... super bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment