Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Hey I'm so sorry this is going to be a short one, I've been writing a few other people today and it took a little longer than I expected! Don't you love those pictures of Logan?? Oh man, I'm dying here haha he makes me so proud. I can't believe I wanted to go to a crazy country for my mission, I remember the Philippines and other places like it were running through my head and I just felt like I was totally going somewhere gnarly and I was excited for it but nope I got called to Spokane, Washington and man... I'm spoiled. I'm looking at his bathroom and then looking at mine and just cracking up at the difference. It's crazy to me that we are all around the world preaching the same gospel and doing the same work but our circumstances are pretty different. It's all apart of His plan, and I know we are sent where we are needed. I have no doubt Logan is going to find many elect down in South America, I love the Spanish people, they are so sweet! But I've already told you that. 

Mickey came to church yesterday!!! And so did John. It was such a blessing having them there, they are both so prepared. John is progressing so quickly. Yesterday we were talking about the Fall of Adam and Eve. When asked if he had any questions, he said that it was something he needed to pray about because he was having trouble viewing the Fall as apart of God's plan and he was confused why God would give contradictory commandments. But that is all he said is he will just need to pray about it. We promised him that his understanding will grow as he prays. What really hit me was his response. He said, "Even if I don't have a greater understanding, that's okay. I am just looking to feel peace." It was so cool to me that John already understands the importance of just having faith and relying on the feelings of the Spirit. Mickey attends Real Life Ministries, a christian church that is just so huge. Millions of people go there, like everyone we talk to goes there and it's pretty anti mormon. Luckily Mickey is smarter than all that stuff, I hope. It's hard to tell how he was feeling in Sacrament meeting haha he looked a little tired. He is used to having a rock band at church. He said we can come back and teach him this week so that's a good sign! 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I love Valentine's day. I love you guys and I hope you have an amazing week!

Dad HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Something is on it's way I promise :)

Love, Sister Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment